segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2008

Carta de Roger parte 2 :P

Welcome from Roger!

We have asked Roger to write a welcome letter for the visitors of this website, he sent us the following text:

« To all my friends who are soon to become my brothers and sisters.

I thank you for all of the love, support and many beautiful inspiring cards and letters of greeting. Your support is the backbone of my strength, you give not only me, but every prisoner who finds themselves being miss-used, abused and dehumanized a voice to scream, to shout at the world, this is un-acceptable and wherever in the world it is happening, it will not be tolerated.

We are better than we know or think we are. We must turn back to love, it is our only hope, our only salvation. Never be afraid to lend a helping hand or give a warm, gentle word of encouragement. We may not all the time find ourselves where we wish to be in this life, but troubles come to us all. And when it does, we must know and believe that we have the spirit and will to soar above all that is not godly.

We must believe in ourselves and each other. We must always take the path of love, so that truth, mercy and service can follow.

It is terrible thing to have one's freedom taken away from one, thrust into a small concrete hut and forgotten about, living on old memories because the present memories are too painful to re-live. Wanting to scream and not finding a voice. Yes, I have experienced just this, but overcome, and instead of old memories, I found new fortunes, instead of screaming my rage, I went inside and prayed for inner peace, and there, I found something that was waiting to be found. I found me, and I found God that dwells in me. There I found inner peace and peace gave me love.

When we harm one another, we harm ourselves and our surroundings. We must love our way from underneath hate's iron fist. Only then can we stop being mankind, and become human for humanities sake.

We must realize and recognize our blessings. A friend I went to school with was hurt in a car accident, paralyzed from neck down. I went to see him, and after we cried together, I told him "I'm sorry you cannot walk anymore". He looked at me and said " I don't have to walk, I just pray that one day I can crawl again". So the man with no feet is still blessed to be alive to crawl. When something is taken from us, something else is given to us. We must stop, and realize what it is. I may have lost my liberty, but my freedom can never be caged. I live and experience my life through the eyes of love and what a beautiful view it is.

Take away love and we have nothing, that is why your love is so important, it is the rope of hope that binds us together, so let us continue to commit to love for humanities' sake.

Thank you all for being the beautiful and caring people that you are. Without you, there can not be me. Hug a friend to day, and tell someone you love them.

I Love You.

Love is alive. Let Love Live.

Roger
May 2004

Sem comentários: